Q: Attorney Tully, the police came to my house with an arrest warrant and banged on my door a couple of times. Then they forcibly came into my house and got me. What should I do?

A: You should file a Suppression Motion ASAP. The police must tell you who they are, what their authority is and the reason for coming to your house. This has to occur before they go into your house. Even if your door is unlocked, the police still have to follow these rules. This is known as the Knock and Announce Rule. Call me to discuss your case.