Q: Attorney Tully, what is the time period in which I must be brought to trial for my criminal charges? I am not in jail. Do I have speedy trial rights?

A: Yes. The Commonwealth must bring you to trial within 365 days of the filing of the criminal complaint against you. If you have asked for postponements of your case that is excludable time which does not count toward the 365 day period. If you are not brought to trial within the 365 day period, you have the right to have the charges against you dismissed. Call me about filing this motion. Bernie