Do You Actually Need an Attorney for Your Accident Case?

Bernard Tully Personal Injury Lawyer. Phone: 412-281-8700

People are always SHOCKED when I tell them they may not need an attorney for their case. The first thing they think is, “What’s an attorney doing saying that I may not need their services to represent me?” If you have a minor injury case that involves some emergency treatment and maybe one follow-up, you can try to settle a case yourself. This is especially true if it is clear that the other driver caused the collision. Does that sound shocking or what?

I have actually told some potential clients who have called our office that it may not be necessary to use our services. I did this because they could do just as well on their own. If you call us, we will be honest with you and tell you whether we think there is a need to have an attorney.

However, for the most part, and especially if your injuries are severe, you are much better off with an attorney than you would be trying to do it yourself. For example, if I were going to try to buy a car, I would meet a car salesman. They know all the inside information because they sell cars often. If I would try to buy a car myself without consulting an expert, I would miss many critical details. This is often what happens when people try to settle their cases themselves.

Sometimes it works out that you do not need an attorney or need to pay attorney fees. On the other hand, I would say in most cases you are much better off at least talking to us. We will tell you straight up whether we think we can help you or if it is even worth getting an attorney involved. We do this to keep your best interest at heart. However, if you do not have an attorney, the insurance adjusters often take a hard line in terms of settlement value.

Our main focus is honesty. We always preach it. We are passionate about trying to help any injured person or family member with their case. Questions about the blog? CALL US!

Bernard Tully Allegheny County Car Accident Lawyer. Phone: 412-281-8700 and 1-800-518-0050