Q: Attorney Tully, if a Defendant is convicted in a jury trial and sentenced, is that the end of the case?

A: He was convicted by a jury of endangering the welfare of children and sentenced to jail. He then appealed his conviction to the Pennsylvania Superior Court. That Court reversed his conviction. Then the Commonwealth appealed that decision to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court reversed the decision of the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the original conviction was reinstated. No, because a Defendant may appeal his conviction. Consider, for example, the case of the high ranking church official in Philadelphia. Bernie