Today’s blog is gonna be a bit different. Just rambling nonsensical legal and non legal utterances. Here we go;
1. Mick Jagger just announced that he is having another child. He is 72 years old. So if his child goes to law school the ultimate Rolling Stone will be 97 when the child gets its degree.
I wonder if Mick and the Stones will be touring when he is 97?
2. There is actually a movement afoot in the Allegheny County Bar Association to prevent lawyer jokes.
Honest. No joke.
I guess the reasoning is they think that when people make fun of lawyers it demeans the profession.
Lawyers are by definition the Chuckles the Clowns of professional people.
How could people not make fun of lawyers?
We are often rude, obnoxious, money hungry and totally without a sense of humor.
And those are just the best and the brightest of the profession.
3. Does anyone wonder how the Stanley Cup can be taken to so many different places without ever being damaged?
I just read in the paper yesterday that Sidney Crosby has the Stanley Cup over in Nova Scotia of all places.
How did they pack it anyway? How would you like to be the employee for the airline that had to make sure Lord Stanley’s cup is safe for the flight?
4. Does anyone remember the famous I Love Lucy show where she was stomping grapes with the other woman in the vat? Well it turns out in real life the other woman couldn’t stop laughing during the filming and that’s why she had her head down through a lot of it.
That came to us courtesy of my wife Michelle who happens to be an I Love Lucy expert.
If you ever get a chance to go up to Lucy’s hometown of Jamestown New York just over the Pa. border.
It is well worth it.
There’s a whole museum full of I Love Lucy memorabilia.
5. Does anyone care that the Republican and Democratic national conventions are going to be starting shortly?
You know what that means dont you?
It means about four months of constant bickering and mudslinging.
Let the fun begin.
Pittsburgh wrongful death, medical malpractice, slip and fall, car accident and criminal defense attorney Bernie Tully is really enjoying the summer.
I hope you are too!
6. Who thinks the Bucs are gonna make the playoffs this year?
As bad as we have been this season, we are still only about 2 1/2 games out of a wild-card playoff spot.
So maybe we are going to peak at the right time.
7. How do you think the Pittsburgh Steelers will do this year?
A lot of people are picking them to win the Super Bowl?
Let’s hope so.
8. Pittsburgh wrongful death, medical malpractice, slip and fall, car accident and criminal defense attorney Bernie Tully wants to know what you feel about the Tom Brady suspension.
As you know Brady decided not to appeal the four-game suspension and is just going to live with it.
It’s hard for me to understand the reaction of the New England Patriots owner Mr. Kraft.
He genuinely feels that Tom had nothing to do with any of this.
Anyway that’s all from my rants legal and otherwise. As I said the other day you can expect your Pittsburgh Steeler, Penn State and Pitt football schedules with the magnets in the mail by the end of the month.
If you’re not on our mail list, just call us at 412-2818 700 and we will be sure to send you a magnet.
Thanks for reading.
Bernie the attorney.