Q: Attorney Tully, I have a preliminary hearing coming up on an aggravated assault charge. It is an open and shut self-defense case. Should I even get an attorney for the hearing?

A: Well, the Magistrate might have a slightly different view about your case. Then what are you going to do? You cannot ask for a do-over if the Magistrate decides to hold your case for trial. Of course, you must do what is in your best interest. But even if you don’t call me to represent you, I strongly urge you to contact another attorney about your case. Good luck. Bernie