Dram Shop Cases: What happens next?

Next the Lawyer should open up an estate for the deceased person. Legally any case against the Bar has to be brought in behalf of the estate of the decedent. This just involves a trip down to the Courthouse for the person who is going to act on behalf of the estate. The Lawyer will fill out the necessary paperwork and will usually pay the filing fee. Our firm always advances that amount. Once the Estate is opened you are free to pursue the claim against the Bar. If some of this sounds confusing you can always call us to talk you thru this.