Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
In 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes which accounted for 28% of all traffic-related deaths in the US. Not included in this statistic are the countless innocent motorists injured in accidents caused by a drunk driver. If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver trust drunk driving accident attorney Bernard M. Tully. He can help you to navigate what can be a very long road to rehabilitation as well as maximizing the recovery of monetary damages for your pain and suffering.
What Constitutes Drunk Driving?
A drunk driving offense occurs where a motorist’s blood alcohol content limit exceeds .08 percent. In the case of a commercial driver the limit is reduced to .04 percent. Drivers under the age of twenty-one are subject to a zero-tolerance policy, meaning that they could be charged if any trace of alcohol or drugs are found in their system.
Bernard M. Tully has the experience including over (30) 5-star Google Reviews in Pittsburgh representing people like you. We will explore every potential avenue to adjudicate your case successfully prior to trial. However, should it prove necessary to proceed to trial, Bernard M. Tully has the knowledge and experience to vigorously fight for your rights.
What Should you Do if You Are Hit by a Drunk Driver?
- Call the police immediately so that the accident is documented
- Cooperate with the responding officers
- Collect as much information at the scene as you can
- Seek medical treatment immediately
- Speak to Bernard M. Tully to ensure that your rights are protected
Call the Police
- By notifying the police you are establishing a crucial piece of evidence in the form of
documentation of the accident. Such documentation is essential when filing an insurance claim
or filing a lawsuit against the drunk driver.
- If you fail to contact the police you will miss a crucial opportunity to hold the offending driver
accountable, virtually ensuring that he will drink and drive again. Moreover, you will lose the
most important piece of evidence needed to seek compensation for your injuries.
Cooperate with the Police
- It is important to provide accurate details to the responding officers. Only provide the police
with observable facts and leave out all speculation, allow the officers to draw their own
- It is normal in the heat of the moment to feel no injuries. It is important, however, never to say
to officers that you are not injured. It is acceptable to tell the officers that you are unsure
whether or not you are injured.
- Make sure you collect the at-fault driver’s contact information and insurance, any potential
witnesses’ names and even photographs of the scene of the accident.
- Be sure to ask the officers of the claim number of the accident report so you can obtain a copy of the report once it is
Seek Medical Treatment
- It is important to never refuse medical treatment at the scene of the accident. Some injuries may
not be observable for several hours or even days after the accident.
- Only a medical professional can properly diagnose and treat your injuries. Also, medical reports are an essential part of the
evidentiary record needed to obtain the maximum amount of compensation for your
Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
- Contact Bernard M. Tully specializing in personal injury law prior to calling the insurance
company regarding the accident. Only an attorney can ensure that your rights are protected. We
will thoroughly investigate the accident and advise you of the best course of legal action to
maximize your recovery.
At Bernard M. Tully Attorney at Law, we strive to provide affordable legal representation. If you
or someone you know has been injured as a result of a drunk driving accident, contact our firm
today to schedule a free consultation.