Can I Get $ For Pain and Suffering in a Worker’s Comp Case?

Bernie Tully Personal Injury Lawyer. Phone: 412-281-8700

Today’s blog is on another common question client’s ask us.

“If I am injured at work, can I collect something more than workers compensation from my employer?” The specific answer to that question is, YOU CAN NOT. Workers comp is limited to the 1, recovery of a portion (66%) of what you were making plus 2, the payment of your medical bills. That is all that it is. You cannot sue for pain and suffering like you can in a car accident case. That is what you give up in a worker’s comp case. Pain and suffering are a NO GO.

There is one advantage regarding a worker’s comp compared to car accident cases. That advantage is you do not have to prove who is at fault. You do not have to prove negligence at all like you do in a car accident injury case. In a worker’s comp case, the fact you were hurt while you were on the job will be enough to get you workers compensation. Can you see the advantages to both wc and car accidents?

We do injury cases covering a wide range of issues which include car accidents and worker’s comp. To summarize in a worker’s compensation case, your right to recovery is limited to your wages and payment of medical bills. We hope this blog helps you understand the main differences between the two.

Our main focus is honesty. We always preach it. We are passionate about trying to help you! Questions about the blog? CALL US Today! 412-281-8700 or 1-800-518-0050 Bernard Tully Pittsburgh car accident and workers compensation lawyer.